3 Ways to Read a Date Code wikiHow
To find your tire's date code, identify the code on the tire that begins with 'DOT'. The 'DOT' should be followed by a series of four letters and/or numbers. The 'DOT' should be followed by a series of four letters and/or numbers.... To read the date code on motorcycle tires, you must find the 4-digit part of the DOT code on the sidewall of a tire. The first pair of numbers means the week, and the second pair means the year.
How To Check the Age of Auto Tires Manufacturing Date
Find the right Michelin tires for your vehicle, learn how to get the most from your tires, and read about our Michelin Promise plan tire. Cookies on the Michelin site For an optimal navigation, the MICHELIN Canada website uses navigation cookies.... The tire size is just one small piece of this code. The tire size "P225/45R17 91V" may not mean much to the average person, but to tire geeks like us it speaks volumes. Read on to learn how to crack the tire code with this handy guide dedicated to tire types, sizes, and construction.
Tire Codes Yokohama Tire
Tyres carry a four digit code on the sidewall indicating the week & year of manufacture. For example; 1209 means the tyre was manufactured in the 12th week of 2009. For example; 1209 means the tyre was manufactured in the 12th week of 2009. how to play game of thrones on zylohone Learn more about "How To Read A Tire Sidewall" and get the latest news about tires and more at Continental. OK How do you read tire sizes? TIRE SIZE. Example: P225/50/R17 98H. P identifies your tire as a Passenger Tire. The P stands for PMetric. If your tire size starts with LT rather than a P than it identifies the tire as a Light Truck tire. 225 identifies the tire section width, which
How to Read A Tire Sidewall BFGoodrich Tires
DOT code: All tires for use in the USA have the DOT code, as required by the Department of Transportation (DOT). It specifies the company, factory, mold, batch, and date of production (two digits for week of the year plus two digits for year; or two digits for week of the year plus one digit for year for tires made prior to 2000). Although not law, some tire manufacturers do not . Tire how to make a picture entirely fit profile pic …translates to the 51st week of 2007. Prior to 2000, the tire industry assumed that a tire would not be in service longer than ten years. As such, the date code consists of …
How long can it take?
Tire Expiration Dates aa1car.com
- How Old Are My Trailer Tires? Plug in your DOT Code and
- How to Read a Date Code LEAFtv
- How to Read Tire Codes How to Read Tire Size- Sears
- How to Read Tyre Sidewall Markings Goodyear
Tire Date Codes How To Read
Tires older than the year 2000 may have the code stamped on the inner sidewall of the tire, which makes it very difficult to read. There was no industry-wide standardization of codes prior to 200, but most dates prior to 2000 used a three-digit code to identify the time of manufacturing. Most manufacturers used a two-digit week designation with the last digit used to identify the year. A tire
- Reading your motorcycle tire sidewall codes initially came about to identify the tire’s maker. But through the years, government legislation demanded safety markings be posted to help buyers know they are getting a legally approved tire.
- …need to find out how old your current tires are, start by reading its Tire Identification Number (often referred to as the tire’s serial number). Unlike vehicle identification numbers (VINs), Tire Identification Numbers are actually production codes that identify the week and year the tire was…
- About Tire Recapper Plant Codes: There are over 5,000 Tire Recap Plant Codes. This would make for a whole lot of pages to go through. So, to keep things simple, I have put the entire file online as an Excel 97 Spreadsheet. Depending on your browser this will either open in Microsoft Office Excel, or in your web browser. If desired, it can also be saved to your computer where you can examine it
- The tire date code always starts with the letters DOT and ends with a 3 or 4 digit number. The first two numbers indicate the week of the year. 52 weeks in a year so that is the max.